The physician works with Stylage® and Juvederm®, natura lfillers based on hyaluronic acid. With this filler, the skin regains its natural volume and elasticity and wrinkles will fade. The filler is applied to the facial skin to make wrinkles and folds disappear. They are also used to highlight: for example, the lips or cheek. The aim is to give the face back its original volume. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance that has strong water-binding properties. Because it is a natural substance, allergic reactions are very rare and practically impossible.
The product is injected with a very fine needle, which often makes an anesthetic unnecessary. The lips and the area around the mouth are more sensitive, for which a localanaesthetic using EMLA cream or a local injection offerssolution. After the treatment sometimes some swelling, redness or bruising occurs. This disappears within one or a few days. Before each treatment, the doctor explains what the specific treatment entails, what the possible side effects are and what follow-upshould be used.
• Presence of permanent injectables (silicones, bioalcamid, Aquamid).
• Pregnancy and lactation.• Active inflammation at the injection sites such as herpes, active acne or rosacea.
• Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients (hyaluronic acid, lidocaine).
• Auto-immune diseases, or diseases which attack the immune system (type I diabetes, poly-arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, spondyloarthritis, psoriasis, thyroid dysfunction, scleroderma, chronic inflammatory bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis, SLE,multiple sclerosis)
• Preferably, avoid the use of aspirin, anti-inflammatory agents, anti-coagulants, or high doses of vitamins (in particular vitamin C) in relation to bruising.
Aftercare filler treatments
• After treatment, redness, swelling or tenderness can occur in the treated area. Sometimes bruising can occur, this is usually of short-term and will subside after a few days. The lips are usually more prone to swelling.
• Avoid using make up to half an hour after treatment. It is not necessary to massage The product when it is not instructed by the practitioner.
• Do not use a solarium, sauna, steam baths and avoid extreme temperatures until the initial swelling and redness have left. Always apply a sunscreen with sunblock on your face.
• Taking aspirin or similar medications may increase the risk of bruising and skin discoloration.